- Coughs and Sneezes
- Running nose
- Watering eyes
Yes – they are symptoms frequently experienced by people in the spring, however it is not pollen, or dust mites or the environment that is the problem as is commonly thought – it is individual immune systems. Consider for a moment if it really was pollen, or dust mites or the environment – wouldn’t everyone have the same symptoms? So how is it that some sail through and others fall victim to these symptoms?
Because of the condition of their nervous system (housed in the spinal column) which controls and co-ordinates virtually every cell, tissue, muscle, gland, organ and system of your entire body- including your immune system !
If there are interferences to the nervous system it will not work as efficiently as it is designed to do.
There are many things which cause interferences to the nervous system:
- mental/emotional distress – stress!
- physical trauma – birth trauma (which can affect you throughout your life if left uncorrected), motor vehicle accidents, sporting injuries, falls, etc
- toxins – drugs, alcohol, toxins in food, water and air – environmental chemicals etc
When disturbed by any of these things, the nervous system can have a limiting effect on the immune system, leaving people more susceptible to the irritations of spring – therefore does it make sense to keep the nervous system free of interference so that it can do its job properly?
That is why your Doctor of Chiropractic is so interested in removing interferences to your nervous system! Not just to remove your pain, but to ensure your immune system and every other system in your body is working to it’s potential.
- Dr Richard McMinn - Chiropractor Brighton
- Dr Helen Martin - Chiropractor Brighton
- Dr Glenn Fredericksen - Chiropractor Brighton