In the battle to acquire health, people most often look to food as being the reason for being healthy/not healthy, however there are other extremely important factors in the quest for health to be considered. Exercise and spinal fitness are also vital when considering how to achieve the health we deserve and desire but what is most often overlooked in the quest for health is our thoughts – our mental and emotional health. By Eating Well and Moving Well we provide the foundation for health but if we neglect the most vital principle of Thinking Well we can sabotage every effort – even your Chiropractic Care! Our minds are in control! We can jeopardise all our efforts just by thinking negatively. Our thoughts become our physiology! If you do not think this is true, consider the person who has been diagnosed with stomach ulcers……….what is the first question your doctor asks – “have you been under a great deal of on-going stress?” Now we know that not everyone who is under a great deal of stress will develop ulcers but many do, it depends on our weak point. Many people will also develop low back pain or some other area of dysfunction.
Like physical health, mental and emotional health have to be worked at! Today we provide some thoughts that may help to develop true mental and emotional health………………The more often we practice positive, kind thoughts we feed our mental and emotional health.
“How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.”
- Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
- Of all the things we wear, our expression is the most important.
- The best vitamin for making friends is” B1″.
- Our happiness in life depends on the quality of our thoughts.
- The heaviest thing we can carry is a grudge..
- One thing we can give and still keep…is our word.
- If we lack the courage to start, we have already finished.
- One thing we can’t recycle is wasted time.
- Ideas won’t work unless ‘ we’ do.
- Our mind is like a parachute…it only functions when open.
- The 10 commandments are not a multiple choice.
- The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime!
- It is never too late to become what you might have been.
- Life is too short to wake up with regrets…………….
Join Chiropractic Life on Facebook: www.facebook.com/chiropracticlife
- Dr Richard McMinn - Chiropractor Brighton
- Dr Helen Martin - Chiropractor Brighton
- Dr Glenn Fredericksen - Chiropractor Brighton