Many people are sick of taking medication for migraine headaches and unfortunately, most feel they have no-where else to turn. Often medication does not eliminate the pain. Chiropractic is a drug free approach to correcting spinal misalignments which may be the root cause of your migraines. It should be noted that Chiropractic Care is not a “treatment” of migraines or headaches, or any other condition. Chiropractic is a science, art and philosophy which removes nerve interferences in the spine, allowing the body to heal itself naturally as it was designed to do.
You can check the potential side effects of any medication you may be taking by going here: www.medicines.org.uk
General Information About Migraine Headaches
- Migraine costs the UK around £1 billion per annum.
- The World Health Organisation has classified headache as a major health disorder and has rated migraine amongst the top 20 most disabling lifetime conditions. An estimated 1 in 7 people in the UK suffer from migraine making it more prevalent than diabetes, epilepsy and asthma combined.
- It is estimated that 25 million working days are lost each year due to migraine.
- 190,000 people will have a migraine attack in any one day. It affects people of all ages (even young children) of all social classes and over twice as many women as men.
- Attacks can last for between 4 and 72 hours with sufferers experiencing an average of 13 attacks each year.
- Migraine is more than just a headache; the condition affects the whole body. Other symptoms can include: visual disturbances including flashing lights, blind spots in the vision, zig zag patterns, nausea and vomiting, sensitivity to light, sound and smell, confusion, speech difficulties and numbness of the limbs.
- Migraine is triggered by a huge variety of factors (not just cheese, chocolate or red wine) and is very individual. For most people there is not just one trigger but a combination of factors which individually can be tolerated, but when they occur
- together a threshold is passed and a migraine is triggered. Stress, irregular eating and sleeping patterns and dehydration are common triggers.
- Chiropractic has been shown to help reduce the severity and frequency of migraine attacks in many cases, especially cases of common migraine. Chiropractic care addresses many contributory factors including relieving restriction in movement of the neck, muscle tension in the neck, upper back and shoulders and helping correct any postural issues which may influence the occurrence of both migraine and tension headaches.
If Migraine Headaches are making your life a misery take advantage of our Complimentary Consultation Today!
Visit our clinic for a personal consultation with one of the Doctors of Chiropractic to find out how your nervous system may be the key to getting you well. Chiropractic Life is passionately committed to your success and provides specialized care for many health problems not commonly associated with the spine.
CALL NOW to schedule your free (no obligation) consultation to see if we can help you. You’ll be glad you did!
Chiropractic Life, 88 Portland Road, Hove BN3 5DL - Phone 01273 208188
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/chiropracticlife