Regular chiropractic check-ups can help eliminate these common problems.
Youâ€™re in agony, in a darkened room, with no sound. Your throbbing head feels as though it is splitting in half and youâ€™re nauseous, maybe even vomiting. You have a classic migraine and you just want the pain to go awayâ€¦and never come back.
Why do you get migraines? There are many reasons but the most common include:
- Foods, including alcohol, aged cheese, caffeine, chocolate, artificial sweeteners and seasonings (MSG).
- Hormonal changes, which may occur before a womanâ€™s monthly period. Birth control pills and hormone replacement therapy can also trigger migraines.
- Stress (very common)
- Drugs and common medications
- Sleep â€“ either too much or too little
- Time zone changes, altitude changes, weather change
- Strong smells including certain perfumes, smoke (even second hand) and bright lights including disco lights
- Loud, sharp and repeated noises (including some music)
A number of research studies have examined the effects of chiropractic care on the frequency, intensity and duration of migraine headaches. One such study, conducted for six months at the Chiropractic Research Center of Macquarie University in Australia, involved 177 participants who had migraine headaches for an average of 18 years.
The results of the study were impressive; most of the participants experienced positive outcomes. Seventy-two percent had substantial reduction or noticeable improvement in their symptoms, including a drop in the frequency, intensity and duration of their migraines, and a decreased need for their migraine medications.
If you or someone you love suffers from migraine headaches or any other type of headache donâ€™t forget your Chiropractor should be the first person you need to call. Chiropractic Life has many testimonials from grateful, satisfied patients who have had relief from headaches and migraines.
We at Chiropractic Life welcome the opportunity to help you too.