Baby formula manufacturers would love you to believe that their brand of baby formula is just like mother’s milk. Actually, the only thing that is most like mother’s milk is mother’s milk and it can never be duplicated, however mothers should never blame themselves if they are unable to breast feed successfully and contrary to what many will tell you, breastfeeding does not come naturally to some mothers and babies and continues to be a learned art. Fortunately there are organisations to help new mothers with this process. If your baby is finding it difficult to feed, have your chiropractor check that there are no interferences in the nervous system which may be hindering your baby from doing this naturally. In Brighton and Hove you can find support through http://www.bhparentsforum.org/news/breast_best_brighton_and_hove
However, the benefits of breastfeeding are numerous, for both mother and baby, probably because it’s the way nature intended it to be!
These are some of the reported benefits of breastfeeding your baby:
• Likelihood of higher IQs and academic achievement as they get older
• Less prone to illness because of exposure to their mothers’ immunities and antibodies that fight disease
• Decreased risk for Crohn’s disease, allergies, asthma, bacterial meningitis, ear infections, respiratory infections, vision problems, obesity, SIDS, and certain cancers
• Perfect form of infant nutrition that is human species-specific and more easily digested than infant formula; composition of breast milk changes over time to meet baby’s developmental needs
• Instant availability of nourishment that is always the right temperature with the right combination of fat, carbohydrates and protein
• Physical and emotional bonding with their mothers and feelings of security and comfort that come from frequent close contact
Benefits of breastfeeding for mother:
• Reduced risk for endometrial, ovarian, uterine and breast cancers
• More rapid post-pregnancy weight loss and return of uterus to normal pre-pregnancy size
• More time – no need to wash bottles, prepare formula, heat bottles to proper temperature, etc.
• Ability to satisfy your baby’s hunger immediately; sole responsibility for baby’s nutrition and weight gain is a real self-confidence booster
• Peace of mind – no need to worry about bacteria and other contaminants, formula recalls, “testing” formulas until you get the right one, making sure you have enough formula, running out of formula
• Cost savings – no need to purchase equipment, formula, etc., along with fewer illnesses and resulting doctor visits (breastfed babies are healthier)
If your baby is not feeding well, or is having problems turning his/her neck to attach to the breast he/she may have interferences that have been caused by the birth process. Take advantage of our Free Consultation.
Free Consultation at Chiropractic Life for you and your baby!
Visit our clinic for a personal consultation with one of the Doctors of Chiropractic to find out how your nervous system may be the key to getting you well and keeping you well! Chiropractic Life is passionately committed to your success and provides specialized care for many health problems not commonly associated with the spine.
CALL NOW to schedule your free (no obligation) consultation to see if we can help you. You’ll be glad you did!
Chiropractic Life, 88 Portland Road, Hove BN3 5DL - Phone 01273 208188